Monday, October 14, 2013

Two New Recipies... and PVCs


Three posts on one day?
I know, I'm crazy. But I just HAVE to share these two new edible things I made this weekend!

Okay, so the first is for all my Nutella and Peanut Butter lovers.

Nutella-PeanutButter-Banana wraps!

Here's what you need to make two wraps:

Tortillas (I used corn, which makes a very good but interesting flavor, but you can use flour)
Nutella (or some chocolatey hazelnutty spread)
Peanut Butter
One Banana

-Put the tortillas on a plate and pop them in a microwave for 8-10 seconds.
-Take them out and spread the Nutella and peanut butter (you can do this how you want, I did it by alternating stripes of both)
-Slice the banana into whatever thickness you want and put them on the tortilla
-Then wrap it up and enjoy!!

I had these for breakfast this morning. They're pretty fantabulous.



On another note, I taught myself to use chopsticks when I made stir-fry yesterday.
But do you know what happens when I make stir fry and start thinking about Taco Tuesdays at Tijuana Flats?
I decide to make Mexican stiry fry.

Mexican Stir Fry!!

Things I used:

1 medium onion
1 green bell pepper
1/2 a can of corn
1 tsp of minced garlic
3 tsp of cilantro in a tube
2 eggs
Some random amount of rice
Some random amount of pork (really, however much you want)
aaaaand some tomatoes and avocado to put on top :)


Put all the veggies, cilantro, and garlic into the skillet and cook em up. After they're decently cooked, put them to the side and put the eggs in. Once the eggs are done, mix them into the veggies, then add in the rice and pork.
(I may or may not have put some cayenne powder in, too...)


So feel free to try those and tell me how they turn out!!

In yet another, totally fun side road, I got to go to the hospital today. I'm not deathly ill or anything. I just have this heart condition callled Premature Ventricular Contractions, or PVCs. Pretty much, my I have a jazzy heart that likes to syncopate it's rhythms. I don't feel any symptoms, but it's there.

My doctor found it during a routine check up about three years ago. He said that it's fairly common, and I'll probably grow out of it, but they monitor it for now. So every six months or so it's off to the Cardiology center to get a heart monitor for 24 hours. Yep. I'm wearing it as I write this.

I also have a bicuspid valve instead of a tricuspid... weird.

It's not life-threatening at all, I just have to watch how much caffiene I take (AKA No Red Bulls). My dad's side of the family has a history of heart problems, so I'm glad my doctor caught this.

Again, it's not life-threatening. At all.

I'm not complaining. Because when I get my monitor, I go to the local children's hospital. It always reminds me that even though I have this really annoying little thing with my heart, I've been so blessed to be healthy. The building I go to is full of kids who aren't as fortunate.

So be thankful tonight that you're healthy. Be thankful that you can run and do what you want. Be thankful for the life you've been given, for each day truly is a gift.


                                                                           -SarahCate:D







No comments:

Post a Comment