Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wonderful Wednesdays

Howdy Hey my lovely followers!!
Where to begin...
Ah. At the beginning would be a good place to start.

A group of kids from my school have been meeting once a month to do a service project. We call ourselves Students of Service, or SOS. We built a memorial two weeks ago Saturday. Only four of us could make it, but it was a good way to finish SOS projects for the year.



Yep. Hardcore work was done that day, despite Gabbi's photobombing.
My parents got Amazon Prime a few months back, and it's seriously the best thing ever. Free next day shipping has now changed my life.
How have we decided to spend it?
Ordering the 25th anniversary editions of Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables.
Ohhhh yeah!!

 
But was that the best part of last week?
Oh no.
 Because SOMEBODY in my precal class deicded to zip tie my backpack to my chair while I was out of the room. Thanks Brian. Really appreciate it.
 
 
Now, this may say something about me, because I didn't notice it for a solid thirty minutes.
 
 
 
Our Chambers family met for our last "practice" of the year. And by practice I mean we had breakfast together at Panera. These are some of the awesomest people, and I'm really gonna miss this crew next year. Out of the twelve of us, only four will be left. :(
 
 
 
 
 So one of my friends had a photoshoot/party last Friday night. We had a blast!! It was fun, and I got to hang out with a bunch of girls I haven't been able to be around, due to scheduling and such.

Nikki, Me and Jen!!



This is the finished product! I was totally rocking my high-tops and sparkly fedora! :D
The photographer was awesome and made sure we all had fun taking our pictures!
 
 
Then I got to go home and 
YAY!
Clean my room.
 
So I organized all my t-shirts by color. :)


BOOM.
Awwww yeah! I'm pretty proud of that myself. :)
 
So this week is concert week around the Fine Arts department.
The middle schoolers had their Tuesday night, and we have our Friday night.
That means that the band officers got to load up the band trailer and tote the instruments over Monday after school!! We all hitched a ride with our drum major, Megan (who's a senior and graduating in two weeks and I'm going to miss very much!!!).
Please take this time to appreciate the picture of our touring group and my derp face.
 
 

Awesome, right?


Ready to hear about something totally awesome?
Okay.

There's this program called the Honor Flight. It's this organization that flys World War 2 veterans up to Washington D.C. for the day and takes them to see all of the monuments and memorials, especially the World War 2 memorial.
My grandpa got to go on Tuesday. Since they require the veterans to have a companion with them, my dad got to go too! It was a really cool (and apparently really wet) experience for them both!

What they don't tell the veterans is that there's a welcoming party for them at the airport.
It was so cool to see all of these people, some of whom have no relationship with any of the vets, cheering and thanking each veteran for their service.

You should definitely go see if there's any flights in your area and go to the airport when the vets get back- it's an amazing experience!!!

 

My grandpa!!!
 
 
On a lighter note, Amazon Prime made my day once again. I got the Prince of Egypt soundtrack and DVD today. This is seriously one of my favorite movies ever. The soundtrack is amazing, which is to be expected since it's done by Hans Zimmer (Pirates of the Caribbean) and Stephen Schwartz (Godspell, Wicked). Needless to say, I'm pretty happy.
 

 

 And I got to see some old friends of mine today!!! I can't complain about life right now. It's treating me pretty awesome.
 
Hope it's treating you the same!!!
 
 
                                                                          -SarahCate:D
 
 
 
 Question of the Post: What's your take on drum majors??
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment