Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Weird Expensive Valentines...

What the Whaaaaaaat?

Yeah, about the title. Hold off on that for a second.

First, who gets the cone of shame for not for about a week? ME.

 
Ah, lo siento, mi amores. Life is life, and I can't control how much free time I have. And now there's this wonderful thing called a research paper.... yeah.

Second, to the title! It was honestly the best way to summarize my last week. Still confused? Let me explain.

For the Valentines: I think this might be self-explanatory, dear readers, as last week brought around Valentine's Day!!! Apparently, Chick-Fil-A makes heart shaped chicken biscuts for V-Day. Not complaining, not at all!!

 
Well, this year V-Day happened to fall on another big day aroung our school- Grandparent's Day! Now, the normal Grandparent's Day is actually in the fall, but we like to mix things up around here!
Meet my lovely clarinet section- all of whom apparently HATE mornings. Except Kirsten. Maybe she likes mornings. Nope. She just tolerates them.
 
 
 
For the Expensive: Can you say Four-Day-Weekend? YEAH! Us lucky duck kiddos got Friday off! So, La Madre and I decided to go shopping!
Oh come on. How can't you be jealous of this beautiful weather?
Seventy-Five Degrees outside? That's what I call a beautiful day!
 
Got my sunglasses on and I'm ready to take over the world!
 
We were looking for a prom dress (you can never start too early, right?) and found absolutely nothing (Unless you count the gorgeous, perfect dress I found online for WAAAAY our of my price range: hence the expensive). We found less success than the guys who tried to turn the lights back on right away at the Super Bowl. And let's face it, their success took a while.
 



 
                      
 
The beautiful sunset!!
 

My thrift shop find: The original Star Wars trilogy on VHS, box set. Two bucks. Did Mom let me get it? Sadly, no. :( My inner Jedi would shed a tear, but we don't have a VHS player anyways...
 

AAAND The Weird: Ladies and Gentlemen, Salvador Dali. 'Nuff said. Today, as part of a Spanish field trip (...) we went to the Dali museum downtown. Looks like:
 THIS!!
Oddly shaped right? Well, apparently, it's based off of THIS:
 
Which is the museum Dali himself had built to house his art. So the oddness (of the building at least) isn't completely random.
There's this tree out back where visitors (like myself!) can take off their wristbands, write a wish on them, and tie them to the tree. Of course, I did!
(Our Spanish teacher taking a picture. I'm really proud of this shot.)

Nikki's being a creep, as always. (I actually had her pose for this one!)
A bench based off of "The Persistence of Memory"
 
Then we went to the Taco Bus! It's a food truck, but they built a permanent spot for it to stay when it's not driving around. While others in out group weren't impressed, I was! My chicken quesadilla was great!!
 
Oh Sweet Babies. I turned into one of those people who takes pictures of their food all the time.
 
Well, I'll try to blog again sooner!! This week should be another eventful one, so hold on!
 
 
                                                   -SarahCate:D
 
 
Question of the Post: Dali. Genius or Madman? Debate amongst yourselves!!
 
 
For Your Entertainment: Sarah Jessica Parker is now selling real estate. You're welcome.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment